This was originally posted on another blog of mine (Happy Homemaker Reviews). I consolidated them to continue to simplify my life. – Jen (04.2012)
Everyone I know is sooooo busy during the holidays. Between children’s activities, shopping, decorating and all that goes with Christmas…well, I feel like Cindy Lou Who at the Mall.
I had considered trying to host a cookie exchange this year but didn’t seem to have much interest. It really is a lot of work. I got the invitation to host a Chex mix change and thought it was a great idea. They have tons of fabulous recipes that only take 15 minutes to make!
I was sent a package with 2 boxes of Chex mix, 10 cute takeout containers, recipes to make, AND a $20 Gift Card for ingredients! I made:
- Original Chex Party Mix
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles
They were fabulous! The Caramel Chocolate Drizzle was so good that I had to keep hubby out of it until the party started or it would have been gone.
Unfortunately, I picked the Saturday when our church offered free baby sitting for Christmas shopping. I probably should have read Plan a Fabulous Party BEFORE this shindig! Despite low attendance, I had several people send their recipes and everyone will get PDF with the recipes.
Since it’s so hard to get together with friends during the holidays, why not hold a post-holiday Chex mix party? Check out these post-holiday chex mix-change ideas.
- You could create new snack mix recipes from all your holiday candy, cookie & snack leftovers.
- Have a family friendly New Year’s luncheon. Host a Chex mix change and have everyone bring sandwich fixin’s for the lunch.
- If you kids have MLK day off, throw a party and invite other moms & kids over for a Chex mix party.
- You could also celebrate Ditch New Years Resolutions Day (1/17) and make the most decadent recipe you can find to toss the Eat healthier resolution out the window!
- Combine a chex mix-change with super bowl and even non-football fans have a reason to party!
Sound like fun? You can win a kit just like the one I received for you post-holiday bash! To enter, use the rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark