I was recently contacted by Thomas Nelson’s children’s division and asked if I would like to take a look at their Read and Share Bible. A while back, I looked at their Read & Share Toddler Bible and thought it was very cute, so I was excited to try out the next step up in age.
This bible was just as enjoyable as the last. Maybe even more so because the language is less colloquial. The Read & Share Bible is great for starting on bible lessons. Each story is only two pages and there is some sort of discussion question at the end. It is a great tool for breaking up and talking about events in a larger story or just to break up the stories easily in a way that younger siblings can stay attentive.
It is not a full bible, but only 200 of the best loved stories, so it’s not a complete bible program, but a great book for preschoolers. This book is recommended for ages 4-8, but you could go a little younger if your child has the attention span.
The Christmas Story as found in the Read and Share Bible
My daughter & I really like this book and will be keeping this around to read frequently. She has outgrown the toddler version & has not yet grown into the My First Catholic Bible we have.
Does this sound like something your family would enjoy? I have been given one to giveaway!
To enter, just leave a comment telling me who you would read this too or who you would gift it to. (This entry is mandatory and must be done before completing extra entries.)
You can earn extra entries, too:
- Follow@TommyNelson on twitter (leave a comment with your twitter handle)
- Follow me (@HappyLHomemaker) on Twitter (leave another comment with your twitter handle)
- Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email (leave a comment telling me you are a subscriber)
- Like Tommy Nelson on Facebook (leave a comment telling me you’ve done so)
- Like HappyLittleHomemaker on Facebook (2 entries — leave 2 comment telling me you’ve done so)
- Blog about this contest (leave a comment with link)
- Tweet about this contest (limit one tweet per day – leave comment with link to the tweet)
Win a Read & Share Bible from @HappyLHomemaker and @TommyNelson! http://bit.ly/biblegive #giveaway
This contest is open to US & Canadian shipping addresses only and ends on Thursday, April 28, 2011 at midnight. Please be sure you include an email address either in your entry or profile so I have a way to contact you if you win.
**Edited to add embeded sample of book.**