As I was preparing for Lent, I found several quick & easy last-minute options for observing Holy Week with small children. If your Lent hasn’t been observed as well as you wish, here are a few easy options for Holy Week.
By the way, Sunday was Passion Sunday–have you covered your icons & statues?
We will be doing a Sense of the Resurrection this week and next. I am really excited about this! Go read my full review of how awesome a Sense of the Resurrection is!
– easy palm crosses
– Easter egg hunt with Easter story (with these resurrection eggs)
– collect & count out 30 coins to represent the 30 pieces of silver that Judas got when he betrayed Jesus. Put aside to take to church on Easter Sunday
– pray for an hour (“Could you not wait one hour with me?” in the Garden of Gethsemanie).
– No artificial lights from Good Friday until Easter or as much silence as possible on Good Friday. Alternately, you could do it from 12-3 (from the time of the crucifixion to his death).
– empty tomb cookies with marshmallows & crescent rolls
Do you have any Holy Week traditions?