***This post was originally published in 2010. It has been updated to include additional information.***
Each month of the year is dedicated to a particular devotion. In October, it is the month of the Holy Rosary. Also, October 7, is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. The best thing to do, of course, is to say a Rosary.
Prayers of the Rosary
A few years ago, I wrote a series of posts on memorizing everything you need to be able to say the rosary by heart.
- History & the Apostles Creed.
- How to Say the Rosary & the Our Father.
- Meditation & the Joyful Mysteries.
- 15 Promises & the Hail Mary.
- 10 Blessings & the Glorious Mysteries.
- Indulgencies & the Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer.
- Misc. Additions & the Sorrowful Mysteries.
- Other forms & Hail Holy Queen.
I know the Luminous Mysteries are not in the series. I go to the TLM and follow the old (pre-Novus Ordo) calendar and so I typically don’t say the Luminous Mysteries. You can find an excellent version of the Luminous Mysteries at Rosary-Center.org.
There are so many cute activities centered around the rosary that I only included a short list of the many available on the web:
- Easy Pipe Cleaner Decade Rosary @ Catholic Icing
- Happy Saints Rosary Illustrations ($19.90-worth every penny!!)
- Planning a Rosary Garden — I SOOOOO want to do this.
- Paper Bag Rosary Book @ Catholic Icing
- Mysteries of the Rosary Coloring Pages