Hopefully by this point, you have your home and your other kids in some kind of order. Now it’s time to get ready for your new little bundle!
For our third baby, here are the essentials that I have gotten ready for the new little one.
- Swaddling wraps. My kids never liked it, but some do.
- Nursing Pillow
- Other Feeding Gear. For me it’s mostly clothing, but in the past I’ve had nipple shields, lanolin, a breast pump with all new pieces, bottles & milk storage bags, in case of emergency. If you bottle feed, you would want to make sure you have all your bottles, nipples, formula, etc. clean and ready for use.
- Burp cloths
- Diapers & wipes. Disposable or cloth, they need to be ready to go!
- Towels & washcloths
- Car seat
- Summer or winter weather gear (depending on season of birth)
- Baby clothes. Mine consist mainly of a few outfits with lots of one piece sleepers and onesies.
- Slings. We have a moby wrap, a ring sling, a non-adjustable sling from Seven (new this time around) and a Mai Tai sling.
- Strollers. I don’t really need to get these out since they are constantly underfoot (we have no place to store them.). For newborns, I like the system where you can put the car seat into the stroller from Graco. Once they hit 6 months or so, I like the umbrella stroller best (I use the deluxe umbrella stroller from First Years the most because it’s tall enough for hubby to push, too). I’m also hoping be healthy enough to get a ton of use out of my Bob Duallie next summer, too.
As you can see, after 2, we have figured out what we use and what we don’t and there isn’t a lot extra :). You can see my Top 10 Baby Essentials from just after #2 was born. I’m betting it won’t change much :).
This post is part of the Prepping for Baby Series — check out the full list of posts!
What baby gear do you get out when you are expecting a new baby?