Ideally, I like to make sure I have food & supplies on hand for about 3 months. Hubby was making fun of me a few weeks ago, comparing me to Pa Ingalls going to town to buy flour, sugar & tea for the winter.
Here are some things I like to make sure we have stockpiled so I have no large grocery/megastore trips.
- Facial care products
- Make up (if you use, for baptism, perhaps?)
- Shaving supplies
- Diaper rash cream
- Diapers & wipes (cloth or disposable)
- Baby powder (or alternative)
- Petroleum jelly (or alternative)
- Nipple cream (lanolin, etc)
- Umbilical cord powder
- Pads – cloth or paper for postpartum flow
- Panty liners – after bleeding stops
In addition to checking for these, I also did a purge of expired ones & made sure I was able to restock as needed for the season.
- Painkillers for all ages
- Allergy remedies
- Cold & flu remedies
- Bug bite relief
- Neosporin (or equivalent)
- Sunburn relief
- Rubbing alcohol
- Witch hazel or other perienium soother
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Hand soap
- Dish soap
- Cleaners- bath, kitchen, appliance, etc
- Window cleaner
- Laundry detergent
- Softener/dryer sheets (unless you cloth diaper!)
- Stain remover
- Scrub brushes (for dishes)
- Sponges or other scrubbies
- Full gas tank
- Furnace filters
- Smoke detector batteries
- CO2 detector
This post is part of the Prepping for Baby Series — check out the full list of posts!
What kinds of things do you like to have on hand when the baby arrives?