Since I have pretty much everything I NEED for our new baby, I haven’t really done any shopping. On the flip side, I feel like every baby deserves a little something new…it’s just one of my things :).
That being said, I decided to start (or restart) some of the monthly box programs that I had done in the past as my children began to outgrow them (and the budget required it).
Starting with the upper left photo, is Citrus Lane. I LOVE the Citrus Lane boxes. You can sign up for a monthly plan for $25.00. They don’t have a ton in them which I like, but they always seem to have something from Green Toys (who I love) and a Barefoot Book, which are quickly gaining favor in our house as we become more selective.
In May, the Citrus Lane box included:
- a toy key ring from Green Toys
- A board book from Barefoot Books
- A huge caribeaner to hold bags on strollers
- a bottle of Gripe Water (for colic)
- and a sample of green dish liquid for travel
Right now, new, first-time Citrus Lane subscribers who start a monthly subscription are eligible for a half price box using the code TAKEHALF. Gift subscription and multi-month packages including 3, 6 and 12 month packages do not qualify. Limit one TAKEHALF offer per household.
Click on the image below to try one!
The lower left has the Baby Box from EcoCentric Mom. I was fortunate enough to get a new baby box from them to review previously and loved their variety so I decided to try it again. The thing that I love about the Ecocentric Baby Box is that there is a TON of stuff. Now, I know I said I liked Citrus Lane for the opposite reason but the ECM boxes have a great variety of samples and full sized products, plus a ton of coupons. The boxes contain $20-50+ of sample AND full size products and cost $21/month. I have always gotten well above my money’s worth on these boxes.
The May baby box had the following items:
- Novena Organic Sunblock and Skin Brightening Moisturizer (I’m sure it’s coincidence, but it’d be awesome if they were Catholic with a name like Novena :D).
- Bumkins Snack Bag
- Natural Teething Ring
- Breastmilk Storage Bag sample
- Little Pim Spanish DVD
- $5 GC for Brinware
- water wipes purse pack
- probiotic bar for mom
- 2 organic dry baby food packets
- $5 GC to Tulle Tutu Botique
- $5 GC to Green Deals
- $5 GC to The Go Green Marketplace
And on the lower right is the Nesting Mama Baby Bluum box. I previously subscribed to a and it just wasn’t a mix of products that I cared about so I canceled it. I liked the quality, though, so I decided to try the baby box. The Bluum box, at $25/mo, is a happy medium between the two as far as volume.
The may Bluum nesting box included:
- A textured fish lovie for baby
- Pre- & post-natal vitamins
- Belly spray (for stretch marks)
- A sampler pack of newborn diapers (2 each from huggies, pampers, honest co)
- And sample card for new moms offering help
- And a copy of Chicago Parent magazine
Overall, I like them all for different reasons. They are all priced about the same, so if you are more interested in lots of variety, the Ecocentric Mom Baby Box is probably best, but if you like a handful of super quality products, Citrus Lane is probably a better pick. And the Bluum Baby Box rests somewhere in the middle.
Do you do monthly sample boxes? Which is your favorite?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links. Thanks for your support!