A few days ago, I shared what habits I wanted to build and areas that I wanted to keep prioritized for 2013 and today, I wanted to share the books and resources that I am going to use to keep God in my forefront this year.
Faith & Prayer Resources
- Catholic Woman’s Devotional Bible — I’m using this one, which is now out of print. I’ve never actually read the whole thing so I’m not sure just how Catholic it is. I did check the acknowledgements and many of the devotions seem to have come from Catholic sources so I guess we will see.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- United States Catechism for Adults
- A Book of Prayer — by Stormie Omartian not a Catholic resource but one I’ve grown to like. A lot.
- Prayerfully Expecting — I purchased this just after my oldest was born and after 2 miscarriages, I never really picked it back up for my younger daughter. I have been using it on occasion with this pregnancy and I would really like to get into a regular (nightly?) routine with it.
- The Teaching of Jesus Christ CD’s — also available on DVD and really hard to find since Fr. Corapi kind of dropped off the planet :(. Keep your eye on eBay, maybe? They are about the Catechism.
- Mary, Mother of the Son Vol. 1 – 3 by Mark Shea — I tried to link these but it is apparently near to impossible to find. I got my copies for a donation to Catholic Answers several years ago. The Catholic.com shop does seem to have them.
- The Complete Therese of Lisieux
- Finding God’s Will for You — by St. Francis deSales. Another deSales classic that I’ve had for review for way. too. long.
- Courageous Love — I’m working on this one and need to finish it.
- The Domestic Church: Room by Room — I’ve had this one for YEARS and never really made the time do actually DO it. This year, I hope to.
- Courageous Virtue — I’ve done this in the past but really want to revisit it.
In addition, I am restarting my Titus 2 University study. I started it last year and lost steam about half way through and it covers every area necessary. AND it’s on sale right now if you pay up front :).
You can find all the resources that I’m using for my 2013 priorities here:
What resources are you using to further your walk with God?
This post will be linked to the Catholic Bloggers Network’s Monthly Round-Up.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
**edited to add a resource I missed**