So over the last few years I have been sharing my annual goals. Last year, my goals were really more of daily habits to acquire than things I can do once and cross off my list. And I had some of them and then lost them again.
Once again, here are my goals as I really pretty much try to just get some discipline into my life. I even had to purge my list a bit since I know that our life will be turned completely upside down for 3 months or so as we welcome our new gift in June.
- Morning Prayers
- Daily Rosary
- Angeleus (x3/day at wake-up, noon & 6pm)
- Daily Mass (once a week – Friday)
- Daily Bible Reading
- Adoration (ideally, weekly. monthly would be an improvement!)
- Confession (monthly)
- Examen of Conscience (daily)
- Spiritual Reading
- Daily use of his love language
- FULL ATTENTION.
- A monthly date — in home or out.
- Exercise daily(ish)
- Fruit & veggies daily
- Get dressed every day — includes actually doing my hair & light makeup.
- Polish nails regularly (weekly?)
- Shave regularly — even in winter!
- Regularly scheduled haircuts
- Get adequate sleep!!!
- Remember to take my supplements as necessary every day!
- Schedule a monthly fun day. (I’m totally not one of those fun everyday, play with barbies kind of mom’s)
- Daily read-aloud time
- Daily school (except on the day I work)
- Go out on a monthly date
- Get them outside daily
- Get through the book Our 24 Family Ways.
- Get the budget under better control.
- Create and STICK TO a housekeeping schedule.
- Declutter and purge (during Lent)
- Keep on top of the meal planning and meal plan for baby’s arrival.
I have a problem with consistency and so I have worked on most of these all year but as I get one under control another one falls and with the pregnancy, they have all taken a backseat. I’ve divided them up into 3-4 habits to build per month for the beginning & end of the year. I’ve left summer out due to the baby. Over the next month, I will be sharing resources that I plan on using to encourage me in these habits.
Do you make New Years Resolutions?
This post is linked to the New Year Resolution Linky at Weiser Academy.