Today I’m participating in the Ultimate Blog Swap. You’ll find me posting over at My Favorite Finds about A Trio of Summer Muffin Recipes and I’m super excited to welcome Amy Bayliss from Cajun Joie de Vivre to Happy Little Homemaker!
I am a die-hard natural cleaning mama. With four boys and a Boxer who thinks he is one of the children, I have lots of dirt and grime to clean up. Several years ago it occurred to me that although I was cleaning the main surfaces I was overlooking some equally dirty ones. It wasn’t until the umpteenth time that I grabbed a hold of something and realized how dirty it was that I got a clue. I’ll share some of those spots with you.
First, you need a great cleaning All-Purpose Spray. I have my own recipe made from natural, safe, non-toxic ingredients but you can use whatever you are comfortable with.
So what are the spots we shouldn’t overlook? Here they are:
- Clean your walls.
- Clean and disinfect light switches, door knobs, remotes, and phones.
- Clean small appliances.
- Clean behind and under large appliances. Don’t forget to clean behind handles and the air vents.
- Clean stepping stools.
- Clean cabinet doors and knobs. Clean the space above cabinets.
- Clean range hood.
- Clean ceiling fan blades.
- Clean and disinfect trash cans.
- Clean tracks and rails of sliding doors.
- Clean off curtains by tossing into the dryer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean and disinfect toilet brushes and plungers. Clean well with a disinfectant like hydrogen peroxide then leave outdoors in the sun to dry.
It is so easy to overlook certain things when speed cleaning but if you add just one of these a day to your chores then you can get them all done twice a month!
Visit Life Your Way to see all of the Ultimate Blog Swap participants!