This coming Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday! If a church near you is having a special Divine Mercy service, please consider attending! Our area is having theirs at 3:00pm and I hope to be there!
From the Divine Mercy Sunday website:
Yes, the first Sunday after Easter is the Feast of Mercy, but there must also be acts of mercy … I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it” (742).
Thus, to fittingly observe the Feast of Mercy, we should:
1. Celebrate the Feast on the Sunday after Easter;
2. Sincerely repent of all our sins;
3. Place our complete trust in Jesus;
4. Go to Confession, preferably before that Sunday;
5. Receive Holy Communion on the day of the Feast;
6. Venerate* the Image of The Divine Mercy;
7. Be merciful to others, through our actions, words, and prayers on their behalf.
Please visit The Divine Mercy for more information on Divine Mercy Sunday and St. Maria Faustina Kowalska. Last year, I attended a conference on Divine Mercy and shared the Chaplet of Our Lady of Divine Mercy.
Have mercy on us and on the whole world!