Last year, I made a 101 in 1001 list. I don’t know what I was thinking making what is essentially a three year plan when I’m not done having babies. Babies always throw off the game plan as you adjust to their needs & personalities.
Anyway, I decided to go to more of what Heather calls a “big fat list.” It’s less of a list of resolutions and more of a list of what I need to do or want to do in the next year. Many of them are the same but my projects are much different. And there are a lot fewer of them!
- spend time with God daily. I’d like to do a morning offering, grace at every meal, the Angeleus 3 times a day, evening prayers and also read the daily readings. I do much of this already, but not consistently.
- Pray the rosary more frequently. I’d LIKE to do all 15 mysteries a day, but I’m going to aim for at least a Rosary a week. Which is more than what I’m doing.
- Pray for husband & children more frequently. Currently I do this…well, not often at all.
- Go to daily mass. I’d like to go weekly, but I’m aiming for 1-2x/month.
- Keep holy the sabbath. Not just to go to church, but to truly make it a sabbath.
- Do Eucharistic adoration at least monthly.
- Go to confession monthly.
- Do some daily spiritual reading — even if it’s only 5 or 10 minutes.
- Get a spiritual director. Yeah, I still want to do this.
- Celebrate everyone’s Name Days (or Patron Saint).
- Take my vitamins & nutritional supplements more regularly.
- Exercise 5 of every 7 days.
- Eat fruit/veggies as my snacks.
- Sweets & pop are S-day treats (Saturday/Sunday/Special Days)
- Brush & Floss multiple times a day
- Wash face and moisturize 2x/day
- Wear makeup & jewelry regularly
- Stretch regularly
- Revisit & reexamine life for priorities quarterly.
- Go to Dr.’s regularly (dentist, eye, annual, etc)
- Date every two weeks minimum even if it’s just a movie downstairs without girls.
- Touch more.
- Kiss hello, goodbye & goodnight.
- Never say bad things about him to others.
- Tell him what I appreciate about him regularly.
- Do a better job of teaching about God.
- Resume teaching basics.
- Read aloud daily.
- Play outside daily.
- Quiet time daily.
- Become effective disciplinarian.
- Be consistent!
- Have a routine!
- Play with them
- Get into a bedtime routine, including prayer.
- Have dates with Lil’ Bit.
Character & Relationships
- Limit computer time.
- Limit tv & movie time for ALL!
- foster gratitude
- Call parents regularly.
- Keep in regular contact with brother & sister in law.
- Do frequent random act of kindness.
- foster friendships with one or two women.
- entertain more – dinner & parties, both.
- find fun family activities to do on a regular basis.
- Give more, give gladly! Or at least offer it up :).
Financial & Provider
- Stick to the budget!!
- Work the Dave Ramsey plan.
- Find small ways to add income (mystery shop, surveys, craigslist, ebay, contests, etc.)
- Find ways to lower expenses.
- follow home maintenance routine.
- keep up with paperwork.
- sell the house!!!
- Take more pictures (365 Project) & movies.
- blog regularly.
- simplify & minimize
I’d love to know what you hold near & dear…Leave me a comment with a link if you’ve blogged or just share your ideas! Happy new year!
This post is linked to New Year’s Linkies at Sprittibee‘s, 5 Minutes for Mom, and Success…Your Way.