Oh my, it’s countdown time. I have just about 2 months left (give or take a week or two). As much as I’d like to, I don’t think that canning is happening this fall. I have enough to do — just take a look at this list. And this is only the cooking list!
- French Toast Casserole – 4 (1/2 batches) IN PROGRESS…
- Hash Brown Casserole – 4 (1/2 batches)
- Oatmeal Pancakes – (3 batches)
- Waffles (2-3 batches)
- Muffiins (blueberry, pineapple zucchini, banana, pumpkin, apple) – (1 batch each)
- Breakfast Burritos (12)
- Baked Oatmeal (4 half-batches – 2 apple, 2 pb)
Sausage (to go with above)
- Burritos – (12)
- pre-cooked Pot Roast for Roast Beef Sandwiches – (2 pot roasts) IN PROGRESS…
- Beef Stew – 2 batches (4 containers)
- Sloppy Joe meat – (3 lbs)
- Taco Meat (made with homemade seasoning!) – (3 lbs)
Grilled Cheese/Tomato Soup
PB & J
Fish Sticks w/Fries
Mac & Cheese (with Taco Meat)
- Baked Ziti – (2 large pans / 4 half-pans)
- Chili – 2 batches (4 containers)
- +Cornbread Muffins – (12-24 muffins)
- Lasagne – (2 large pans / 4 half-pans)
- Mashed Potatoes – (3 batches)
- Shepherd’s Pie (2 large pans/4 half-pans)
- Pizza Crust – (4 batches) DELETED… Don’t like texture after freezing.
- Chicken Pot Pies (3 pies)
- Mashed Squash (4 containers)
- Oreo’s & Milk
- granola bars (for middle of night nursing sessions)
- crackers & cheese
- brownies IN PROGRESS…1 of 2 completed
- frozen cookie dough
It looks like a HUGE list, but I’m due the first half of November and my goal is to not have to do any major shopping until 2011. With friends who will probably bring meals and the holiday’s, I’m thinking this should be plenty for my family of 3.
Did you make a “stock the freezer” list? What did you like/dislike about it?
P.S. I will be updating this list with additions and completions as I work through the list.