I meant to post this while I was away on vacation, but well, let’s just say I actually *gasp* enjoyed my vacation!
Here was my original 101 in 1001 list at the beginning of Advent (about 6 months ago):
1. Do a morning offering daily. – doing poorly
2. Read the readings daily. – ditto
3. Pray the rosary daily. – ditto
4. Pray the chaplet daily. – ditto. thinking of replacing with Angelus.
5. Pray for husband & child(ren) daily. – ditto
6. Go to daily mass once a week. – nope
7. Keep holy the sabbath. – not to shabby; missed twice I think.
8. Create a new saint day or church holiday tradition every month. – haven’t done that either.
9. Do Eucharistic adoration at least monthly. – started this month & I like it!
10. Go to confession monthly. – pretty close; I usually screw up in that time, so I kind of have to!
11. Read 1 catholic book a month. – I’m pretty sure I have.
12. Get a spiritual director. – still working on — we switched parish’s and I think my new priest will probably be good about it.
13. Work on the virtues-1 per month, revolving. – haven’t started.
14. Read backlog of catholic books & other bible studies before buying any more new ones*. – does asking DH to buy me one for my birthday count as me buying one?
15. Read 2 works by great theologans. – 1 down – True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
16. Listen to all 10 years of Catholic Answers on my iPod. – almost through 1/2 of the Scott Hahn episodes.
17. Take my vitamins daily. Multi, calcium, stresstabs & fish oil. – I should be since I’m preggo, but sadly no. I was doing awesome until the morning sickness set in.
18. Exercise daily. -hahaha
19. Eat 5 fruit/veggies day. – hahaha
20. Floss daily. – good intentions, right?
21. Wash face nightly. – nope
22. Wear makeup & jewelry. – yes, actually. Wearing a watch that looks like a bracelet is a HUGE help.
23. Increase flexability/stretch daily. – really need to start now!
24. Revisit & reexamine life for priorities quarterly. – I guess this is it.
25. Go to Dr.’s regularly (dentist, eye, annual, etc). – yep
26. Date every two weeks minimum. – not really but doing better now that MIL is picking the munchkin up…
28. Touch daily. – bad this week, better overall
29. Kiss nightly. – ditto
30. Relax at night. Duh. – better
31. Flirt! – again bad lately, better overall
32. Write a love note once a week. – not even started; can texts count?
33. Support al’s work & help. – does helping him find a replacement help ? 🙂
34. Come up with date night ideas & put in e-book form. – not even started
35. Go on a couples retreat. – not anytime soon!
36. Read daily. – yep
37. Play outside daily. – now that it’s nice out, yep.
38. Quiet time daily. – usually
39. Teach. – slacker
40. Crafts weekly. – hates crafty/coloring stuff. Unless it involves stickers.
41. Try something new weekly. – nope
42. Become effective disciplinarian. – with grandma having Dagny for days at a time? I don’t stand a chance!
43. Create a new secular tradion every month. – sometimes
44. LIMIT CPT TIME! – getting better; that’s why you haven’t seen me as much!
45. Give 5 ‘i saw this and thought of you gifts’ – none yet
46. Send out one mailed card or note a week. – nope
47. Call parents weekly. – mostly
48. Keep in regular contact with grandparents, brothers, aunts/uncles, etc. – not really.
49. Do a random act of kindness monthly. – done once
50. Make a routine & stick to it M-F. – hahahahahhaahhaah
51. Stick to the budget!! – not so much
52. Replenish emergency fund. – working on it
53. Begin investing 15% into retirement. – when EF is done
54. Start college fund. – when EF is done
55. Build sinking funds for other goals. – working on
56. Replace Quicken. – DONE
57. Save $10 for each goal completed. Use it to go on vacation. – we already went on vacation :).
58. Buy 3 of every 4 books used. – if swapping & reviewing books counts , we’re good.
59. Find small ways to add income. – selling stuff on CraigsList to get TV room re-established. We missed hockey!
60. Actively seek out needed or wanted items used or swap. – I check but I don’t want to wait 12 months for something we need soon — like bed rails for munchkin.
61. Organize & backup computer files. – humph. 1 of 3 hard drives is probably dead as we speak; need to pay bucko bucks to get data back since it’s the business computer and I have been unable to get things done down there since I got preggo again.
62. Take more pictures & movies (weekly/monthly). – wish I had
63. Create photo wall in dining room. – will inventory frames and pictures and get prints made as soon as tv room & office are cleaned up (and computer is functional again)
64. Read every childrens picture book in library. NOT! Library changed late fees to $0.10 per book per day. 40 books for 7 days = cheaper to BUY books!
65. Start a garden. – we did! I have tomato plants, onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and lettuce. and I still have to plant the cantelope, pumpkin, and squash.
66. Plant a fruit tree. – not yet. next year.
67. Eat & buy more locally. – yep, drinking local milk & eating farm eggs. and we got a local cow that is FAB!
68. Get a freezer. – DONE!
69. Finish & do emergency preparedness stuff – complete 1 thing a month. – not started
70. Reuse, reuse, reuse & repurpose. – yep.
71. Sell the stuff that didn’t sell at yard sale. – working through that right now.
72. Learn to sew. – not yet
73. Make my own pantyliners. – still in progress
74. Make more wipes. – have plenty
75. Make rendezvous clothes on wish list. – not started
76. Make Dagny & I matching fleece capes. – not started
77. Recreate the yellow flower quilt for king bed. -not started
78. Make an apron. – not started
79. Make family Halloween costumes – funny. I’ll be 8-3/4 mos preggo on Halloween.
80. Make a wool cloak for rendezvous. – not started
81. Finish hemming Bones’ pants. – 3.5 pr left
82. Have 5 craft parties. – none yet
83. Make a gingerbread house. – not yet
84. Throw a party each quarter. – nope; preggo and felt icky. will have one soon
85. Go to a Red Wings game. – lets hope!
86. Go bowling x times. – I didn’t pick a goal but we’ve gone with Dagny twice.
87. Decorate the house for every season. – i guess I don’t really decorate in summer. Huh.
88. Do archery weekly in summer(s). Started last week.
89. Rendezvous once a year minimum. – it’s not looking good.
90. Become comfortable with my handgun. – maybe at the end.
91. Go on vacation. – we just got back from Disney World. Whoo-ho0!
92. Attend a women’s or blogging conference. – did in Advent; doing another in July.
93. Have someone over for dinner at least every other month. – need to start.
94. Go to Disney. – two birds with one stone!
95. Respond to blog comments. – fell off the wagon at blog party. need to catch up.
96. Interact with other bloggers regularly. – sigh
97. Bake something new once a month. – or not.
98. Create a plan to grow my blog with minimal work. – or none?
99. Get domain. – did a while ago, I think.
100. Use new template w/my new header. – done
101. Eliminate the Unnecessary!!! – working at this every day!