This was originally posted at another blog of mine that I have deleted. I have combined all my blogs into this one for the sake of simplicity in my already busy life. Jen – 6/13/09.
How to Say The Rosary
1. While holding the crucifix, make the sign of the cross & then say the Apostles Creed.
2. Say the Our Father on the first LARGE bead.
3. Recite a Hail Mary on each of the three small beads.
4. Recite the Glory Be & Fatima Prayer.
5. Recall the first Mystery & pray the Our Father on the next large bead.
6. On each of the 10 smaller beads, say a Hail Mary.
7. Recite the Glory Be & Fatima Prayer.
8. Recall the next mystery & pray the Our Father on the next large bead.
9. Continue steps 6-8 until you finish all 5 decades of the rosary. When you finish the last Hail Mary, pray the Glory Be & the Fatima Prayer.
10. Conclude your rosary with Hail Holy Queen and the sign of the cross.
If you are on your computer & feel called to pray a rosary, there are several virtual rosary sites, but my favorite is at Our Catholic Faith – Online Rosary.
My favorite place to buy rosaries is Our Lady of Snows Shrine mostly because they are not terribly expensive and they are of excellent quality.
Our memorization piece for the next 5 days is the Our Father.
Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Our next post will be about Meditating on the Rosary and the Joyful Mysteries.